This is the first introductory course for users of Wildfire Analyst Enterprise FireCast & FireSim. It is a prerequisite for all Wildfire Analyst Enterprise (WFA-E) users. Users will need to complete the on-line training get a proof of completion certificate to access the rest of the courses in the training platform.
This course introduces students to the basic concepts of wildland fire behavior prediction and risk modeling using Wildfire Analyst software, including:
- Description of the objectives of implementing WFA in the agency decision-making process
- What is WFA Enterprise and the different tools provided
- Introduction to the training platform and courses
This is the second course for users of Wildfire Analyst Enterprise.
- Getting an account and logging in
- Getting Help & Support
- Loading a forecast and reviewing the timeline
- Interface Overview
- Using FireSim for predictions
- Viewing Risk Forecasts
- Integration Tools
- Example - putting the tools to use
- Additional tools
This is an online-only course for mobile users of Wildfire Analyst Enterprise Mobile (FireSim). It is a prerequisite to take the first course of these series: 101 Introduction to Wildfire Analyst.
It introduces students to the use of the software wildland fire behavior in the field using Wildfire Analyst FireSim mobile, including:
- How to install the app and navigate the interface and map tools available
- Instructions on how to create, download and analyze existing simulations
- Step-by-step instructions on how to capture information in the field
This is the advanced course users of Wildfire Analyst. It introduces students to advanced wildland fire behavior and risk modeling capabilities using Wildfire Analyst Enterprise, including:
Understanding WFA-E Outputs
Interrogating Weather Data
FireSim Advanced Modeling
Users must complete courses 101 and 102 prior to starting course 104.
This short course is focused on explaining the models, data, and tools behind the WFA-E platform. The intended audience is all those who want to know more about the fire behavior science foundations that feed the tools. The videos were recorded live during the training for FBAN's and specialists on the 6th of August 2020. Total duration is close to 3 hours of recorded content.
- Fire Behavior Modeling with WFA-E
- Understanding Weather Input Data
- Reviewing Surface Fuels Updates & Enhancements (Disturbances, Seamlines, WUI and other non-burnable land use)
- Fuel Moisture Data and Models
Sources of Fire Location (CAD, FireGuard, Hotspots, Mobile)